It has never been more important in the construction industry to adhere to safe working practices. It is a legal requirement that manufacturers of fire doors qualify their products as appropriately fire resistant. With the devastating impact of the Grenfell Tower tragedy being felt across the UK this is something that Oakwell is conscious of being fully compliant with. Equally, doors must be properly maintained to ensure they continue to maximise their fire-resistant capabilities. Under the RRO (Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, Estate Managers, building owners and Landlords are now held responsible for the fire safety of their properties.
Oakwell Building Services Ltd are soon to be certified under the Exova BM TRADA scheme for Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance and Installation to STD058 & STD052. We have carried out the training, passed our exam and just need to complete our first audit to be certified.
The Q-Mark Fire Door Installation scheme is designed to ensure that fire doorsets are installed correctly. The course enables an individual to take responsibility for the training and work carried out by several operatives thus ensuring that fire doorsets are fitted correctly on site and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or guidelines.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximized through correct installation
- Provide peace of mind that the Installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.
Well done to those who carried out the course and we look forward to being certified soon!